Thursday, March 8, 2012

Santa came thru our dining room window (Video)!

I am helplessly in love with this child.

I guess I shouldn't have done it. But I did. Apparently it made quite an impression.
Now, every day since...and I mean EVERY day....Ellie asks me, "Ho-Ho coming?"
"Not today," I tell her. "Ho-Ho only comes at Christmas."

Santa Claus personally visited the Loose family during dinner on Christmas Day, entering through the dining room window, giving gifts, dropping his hat, and then leaving in the same manner in which he had come.

Oh, and he made Ellie cry.

Today is March 8th. That means for the past 74 days, this adorable little girl has asked longingly, "Ho-Ho coming?" Some days she asks multiple times. And I always answer the same way: "No, not today. Ho-Ho only comes at Christmas." On other days Ellie recounts the events of that unforgettable day...how Ho-Ho made her cry, gave her a gift (a princess dress), and dropped his hat before leaving.

Will this continue for another 292 days till Ho-Ho re-appears? Why does Christmas take so long to get here? Why did this year have to be a leap year? Should we plan to have Christmas in July?

Naturally, this moment was captured on video tape. And of course, I post it here for you, my faithful readers. (Editor's Note: I captured this video originally on my old HI-8 camcorder. To convert to digital, I played it on the TV while aiming the digital video camera at the TV screen.You'll be amazed at the, uh, quality.)



Well, I can't wait to see what Ho-Ho has in mind for next year...just 292 days to go.

Uh-oh! Here we go again...
"What's that, Ellie? Ho-Ho today? No, not today, Sweetheart. Ho-Ho only comes at Christmastime."

No comments:

Post a Comment